Monday, December 10, 2012

Yummy Yummy for the Hunny

Hey Ladies,

Let's be honest, we could all do with a recipe our husbands are bound to love. If your hubby is a meat-eater man, these ribs are guaranteed to help you score. They are SUPER easy to make (the only catch is that they have to boil for a few hours so make sure you start early!) I have made these numerous times and they have never ONCE turned out bad.

Tips: The hubs likes a lot of extra sauce so I generally increase everything a bit. Adjust sauce to your liking.Add red pepper flakes if you like it a little sassy, and I highly recommend using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.  Last tip* Buy low typically has well priced meats and I usually buy the one that is called Pork Spare Ribs Extra Meaty. Sorry if I just grossed out any of our vegetarians. Enjoy!




INGREDIENTS:
8 pounds pork spareribs
2 cups ketchup
1 cup barbeque sauce
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
3 tablespoons steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz
57)
2 cloves garlic, minced
DIRECTIONS:
1.Place the ribs in a large stock pot with enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and cook over medium-high heat for 1 hour.
2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3.In medium saucepan, combine ketchup, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, steak sauce and garlic; blend well. Cook the sauce over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. (Please note that the above ingredients are all to taste. Use more or less of anything you like. I never make the ribs the same way twice!)
4.Cut the ribs between the bones and place in a baking pan. Pour sauce over ribs, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.


The link found Here.


3 comments:

  1. I cannot even tell you how happy it makes me to see that you're all on board.

    And thank you for this recipe. I'mma tryin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mean from buy low! I will definitely try these when we are feeling meaty! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the easy!? I'm really loving this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna join my club??
Thanks for your comment!